Fried cake, Thursday night tour
Every Thursday evening the Hosteria number 1000 in Fidenza organizes the round of Fried Cake.
Here is the menu of the fried cake: chopping of salami and shoulder cooked with fried cake and sauces of the house filled fried cake:
- Panzerotto (cooked shoulder, Mozzarella and tomato)
- Trevigiano (radicchio and Gorgonzola)
- Vegetarian (vegetables and Curry)
- Piglet (bacon and Grana cheese)
- Boscaiola (mushrooms and Fontina)
To follow the Dessert: Sweet Anolini with Nutella and jam and then water, 1/4 of Lambrusco and coffee €18.00 per person | For children €11.00
And here are the ingredients of the fried cake:
- A boiled potato crushed every 500 g of flour;
- 1/2 cube of brewer’s yeast dissolved in 1/2 glass of milk, every 500 g of flour;
- 1 walnut of butter every 500 g of flour;
- 1 tablespoon and a half of extra virgin olive oil every 500 g of flour;
- Salt and pepper to taste;
- Water drops;
- Frying oil.
To follow the methods of preparation: kneading energetically all the ingredients (except the oil for frying) and in the meantime add so much water necessary to form a soda and smooth ball. Then cut an “X” on the panel and make it rise in a bowl covered with a cloth for 2 hours. After spread with the dough a sheet not too thin (about 3/4 mm) with the rolling pin and, with the help of a spur or a pasta, make a diamond. And then fry the diamond dough in a pot full of boiling oil for a few seconds and turning them on both sides. Finally remove from the oil as soon as they start to brown and after letting drip onto absorbent paper.